Why is this important?
Most people, even evangelical Christians who love Israel, don’t know or understand what the Jewish people have gone through for the past 2000 years, and how that affects what they are going through now. They are learning more, but still know little about the Holocaust.
Education is what people need. I needed it. And since I was blessed to be able to work with the school and the Jewish school for ten years full time, five years part time, I was able to be immersed in the topic, the world of Jewishness.
I must admit that I was shocked to find out that most Jews do not know their Bible. They do not read or know their prophets and the prophecies that concern them. Evangelicals read, study and memorize the Bible, not only the New Testament, but also the Tanaj, the Torah, the Writings, the Prophets. This is a critical part of our lives, and a major reason that we pay so much attention to Israel. Do you know what the prophets predicted about the coming days?
Just in case you were not aware, Evangelical Christians:
- Read their Bible from Genesis to Revelations, including Moises, the Psalms and the Prophets.
- They believe the Bible to be the Word of God. What it says, they believe. What it says happened, they believe. What it says will happen, they believe.
- They study the prophets as a blueprint for what will happen in the future, concerning them, the world, the Jewish people and Israel, which is why they support the return of Jews to the land of Israel and believe that God gave the Biblical land to the Jews.
- They are shocked when they find out that there are Jews who say they are atheists.
- They are surprised when they find out that most Jews do not read or know what the Hebrew prophets say.
- They are saddened by "Christian" denominations and individuals who oppose the State of Israel, boycot it, and even participate in anti-semitism and hatred.
On the other hand, Christians know little about modern Jewish history, post-Bible. They are usually ignorant of the atrocities committed by so called Christians against the Jews. I had the privilege of receiving my Jewish education at the Hebreo, through Rabbi Goldschmidt, Batia Mikler, and others, I am now dedicated to teaching others, teaching Hasbara to the evangelical Christian world, or to any who will listen or are interested.
I learned of the horrors of “Christian” persecution of the Jewish people during 2000 years of history, things that I had never known about. I say “Christian”, because most of the persecution came from the Roman Catholic Church. In any case, we evangelicals ask forgiveness for all the horrid things that were done in the name of Christ. We believe that a true Christian would never engage in such dementia.
Once again, what do we need? Education.